Saturday, June 12, 2010

Waiting Game....

Today was my Praxis exam day, I took the Elementary Education Content Knowledge portion of the exam. Please do not be fooled by the title of the exam, Elementary Education was NOT the content on that exam. I did my best, and I am PRAYING for a passing score! I need to vent a little here about this exam, I spent quite a bit of money on study guides that did not prepare me for this exam at all! I am a little upset with these companies putting these "study guides" out there that really do not "guide" you. This exam was 120 questions that covered Math, Science, Social Studies and Language Arts. The majority of the questions were just so random and extremely vague! I really invested a lot of time studying so I am just hoping that I see that 140 on my score sheet! I will not get my scores until July 9th - so for now I am just waiting for this score and preparing for the next section of the test on July 12!

Whew! So now that little vent is off my chest I have to tell about my dream I had this afternoon. First, you must know that I went to bed at 2 a.m. and I woke up at 4:45 a.m. to meet my friend for breakfast and some last minute studying before the exam. The exam started at 7:30 a.m. and we were done around 10:45 a.m., needless to say once I got home I was exhausted! I ate a quick lunch and I had to lay down for a much needed cat nap. As I was sleeping, I dreamed that I was a foster child and Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott were my foster parents!
Here is a snapshot of the family, minus me of course! In my dream, Dean was really strict, he and I had a harsh relationship! Tori was a doll and was constantly apologizing for Dean's behavior. The funny thing is that in my dream, I was not a child, I was a 36 year old foster child/adult!! The last thing that I remember was that Dean and I were in a heated argument, a lot of screaming and yelling was taking place, and then I woke up! When I woke up I was so agitated and flustered, and worst part of it all I was still exhausted!
I am a huge fan of Tori and Dean, and have never thought of Dean as a jerk. On their reality show they have had their share of disagreements this season, maybe that is why I had such mayhem in my dream.

Dreams can take you anywhere and allow you to "meet" anyone.
Have any of you bloggers had a outrageous dream lately? I would love to read about it!

4 comments:

  1. I will keep praying for you on your test and results. I know you will do a wonderful time

    LOVE your dream. Hahaha too funny. I love dreams too. You are right, you meet ppl that you cannot meet in real life. I never want to wake up if its a GOOD dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that you did great on the test and I am sure that you passed! I am glad that we were able to vent about it together though. Love the dream too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Katie, While searching the blogs, I came across yours. I pray that you passed your exam. I took Praxis II 0014 on Saturday,June 12, 2010.I'm praying for a passing score also. Just remind yourself to always trust in God. Daily scripture that I repeat constantly is Proverbs 3:5-6. Have the faith the size of a mustard seed and you will accomplish all that is in store for you. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for posting the wrong name. The comment is for Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete