Monday, June 7, 2010

Every Moment


Heaven gained another angel tonight - Dana Key, the former lead singer for the Contempory Christian Band DeGarmo and Key passed away suddenly. I have been a DeGarmo and Key fan for over ten years, and was shocked to hear that Dana had passed. I have had the chance to meet Dana may times, tonight I am wishing that just one of those times I would have told him what his music meant to me as a young teenager.
Christian music is something that speaks to me in such a powerful way. I am such a music lover and being able to worship through song is what I love. I can remember being a kid and having my mom take me to the Christian bookstore to get the latest DeGarmo and Key, DC Talk, or Stryper CD. I would listen to those CDs for hours on end until I knew each and every word to all the songs. Currently, Dana Key was the pastor of TLC Church in Memphis, Tennessee. Not only was I blessed to get to know his music, but Shawn and I actually attended his church a few times while we were visiting area churches looking for a new church home. Dana was talented, smart and someone who had an awesome heart for the Lord. He had such a heart for service and wanted TLC to be a place where God's love was show to everyone in our community. I cannot get the Key family off my heart tonight as he suddenly leaves behind a wife and children. It was Dana's time to leave this earth and go to sing for Jesus, which I know he is doing right now!
When someone passes so suddenly it reminds me that I need to live every moment on this earth like it is my last!
Here are my top two favorite DeGarmo and Key songs - it was really hard for me to choose just two! Please, please remember this family in your prayers in the coming days.


No comments:

Post a Comment