Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Beautiful

I love music, and I REALLY love music with a message! I want to share a song/lyrics that I heard a few weeks ago at a women's' ministry event I attended. The title of the event was Beauty by The Book; we had a guest speaker by the name of Laurie Cole, who taught us about the beauty "do's and don'ts of the Bible. It really was a touching a night, but the one thing that stuck with me for weeks has been this song. I know that yesterday and MANY times in my blog posts I speak of celebrities, beauty products and such, but in the grand scheme of things those people and products are not the ultimate definition of beauty. In the past few weeks I have been feeling kinda down and out and REALLY hard on myself. Every night when I sat down to do my quiet time with The Lord, it wasn't a Bible verse that came to mind - it was the tune of this song! If you have a moment to watch/listen to this video, I promise you that you will be blessed. Hope everyone is having a GREAT week.




“Don’t judge by his appearance or height, for I have rejected him. The Lord doesn’t see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” -1 Samuel 16:7





No comments:

Post a Comment