Tuesday, May 18, 2010

To my little graduate....

A letter to Addison after her pre-school graduation


Dear Addison -

Today as I watched you walk down the aisle in your tiny cap and gown, I was so proud to be your mom. Not a day goes by that I do not thank God above for you, and for the amazing gift that only He could give me. This has been a big year for you! You attended pre-school at Faith Baptist Church, your teachers were Mrs. Amy and Mrs. Carrie and you made lots of new friends! This year you learned how to write your name, ride a bike and speak a little Spanish. These are things that at one time 5 years ago we were told that you might not be able to do, but God showed us that He is in control and that ANYTHING is possible through Him!
This year some of your favorite things are ALL stuffed animals, Hannah Montana, and anything that has to do with Christmas! You even like to listen to Christmas music all year round! You love to "read" and are able to recognize a few words in some of your books. Every night you and I like to read stories and talk, but most of all we like to laugh. Your laugh is music to my ears and a sound that I carry in my heart always.
Words cannot express how proud I am of you and how honored I am God chose me to be your mom. Your journey into this world was not an easy one for me or you, but I would do it all again to have you by my side. I am praying for your upcoming school year as you will conquer Kindergarten in August, and I look forward to watching you grow from a precious little girl into beautiful woman.
Love,
Momma

3 comments:

  1. that is the sweetest thing ever!!!! kim conrad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy tears in my eyes, so beautiful!!!
    congrats to Addison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like yesterday when she was born. All that ya'll have been through is a testimony to God's grace and strength. Praise the Lord for this new beginning. I love you all!!! Carol Lowe

    ReplyDelete