Thursday, January 28, 2010

This hits VERY close to home

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy



Shawn and I were talking at dinner about The 19th addition to The Duggar family. Tonight when I was reading Katie's blog, she had this clip from the Today Show that aired this morning about The Duggar's and their miracle baby Josie. Yesterday I did a "wishful wednesday" post and the topic was whose shoes would you want to be in for 3 mins...as I watch this piece on The Duggar's, I can tell you that I HAVE been in their shoes. In the clip I posted above Mr. Duggar mentions that they really only had 30 mins to process what was about to happen with his wife and unborn child. Shawn and I were the same way, my doctor came in at 1030pm and told us that in 30 mins we would have a "birthday party", what a scary yet bittersweet night that was for us. Josie Duggar was born at 25 weeks (15 WEEKS EARLY) and weighed 1 pound, 6 ounces, and our Addison was also born 15 weeks early and weighed 1 pound, 11 ounces. My heart goes out to this family and the roller coaster ride they are currently on. I do know from watching their show that they have incredible faith, and that they know who is ultimately in control. I am even considering seeing if I find away to send an email to Michelle Duggar (the mom) just to know that from one preemie mommy to another I am sending lots and lots of prayers her way.

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.

I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10

2 comments:

  1. I know that Michelle would love to receive a note from you! I know that there used to be a mailing address on their family website. That is also one of my favorite bible verses! It is so heart warming to know too that miracles do happen like your sweet Addison! Hope you all have a wonderful Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Steph it would be awesome to share your Miracle child with her. I'm sure Michelle would be very uplifted. They probably have an email now since the show has done so well.
    Please do it and show her pics of Addy then and NOW and how gorgeous she is, and GOds handywork!
    love you,
    Rita

    ReplyDelete