Thursday, December 17, 2009

There is NO Place like Home!!

So sorry it has taken me this long to update about Addison - I have been doing my best to keep everyone up to date via Facebook. We were able to come home from the hospital on Sunday night around 6ish. Addison was so ready to get out of the hospital that at one point she asked if "this room" was our new home!
I do have to brag on her though - she was AMAZING in the hospital. She was good as gold, and played with her toys and stuffed animals that different people had brought for her. She did not really cry/whine about much other than when she honestly had a reason too. (Like getting her I.V. in the E.R. the night before)

Here she is in the smallest wheel chair I have EVER seen leaving the hospital on Sunday


I was an emotional wreck we were finally inside the E.R. and we were told that Addison was really laboring to breathe. I was having horrible flashbacks of that rough day when she was about 3 weeks old, and I got the phone call that I needed to come to the NICU because Addison might not make it through the day. As I sat back in that ER room - I kept thinking about seeing her laying in the incubator, hooked up to a ventilator and seeing every nurse in the NICU wiping tears from their eyes. As fear came over me I quickly remembered one thing, that Almighty God is in control! He watched over Addison that day four years ago when she almost went to be with Him in heaven, and He was going to watch over her Friday morning as we sat in the ER. I am not going to say that I still did not worry, because I did. However, anytime a worry came into my head I was able to just give it over to Him and know that He was watching over my whole family as we all had some rough emotions going on over the weekend.
We went to the doctor for her follow up visit today and she has an infection that turned into pneumonia. She will do breathing treatments for the next 3 days every 6 hours, and then we will continue those treatments twice a day for the next 8 weeks. Her little lungs sounded great today when he listened, we just have to be very careful with her for the next few weeks to make sure she doesn't catch anything else!
Now if Addison's little trip to the hospital wasn't enough to push me over the edge it was also FINALS week for me at school!! I was able to get most of my assignments and finals done, and was able to submit stuff via email to my instructors.
I am so looking forward to these next few weeks without homework, paper, and studying!! I am ready to hang with my family, watching Christmas movies and just relaxing for a few days!! Shawn bought me a new couch and I haven't even been able to enjoy it because of living on the computer with homework!!
I hope you all have finished your shopping and are looking forward to next week as much as I am!
Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment