Saturday, December 19, 2009

Getting To Know Me - Christmas Version!

With our family Christmas gatherings starting today - I thought that I would answer these cute questions that I found over on Caroline's blog.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Gift bags for the adults, and wrapping paper for the kiddos. Kids just love to tear into that stuff!!

2. Real tree or artificial?
We have an artificial tree - I think that they are so much easier to deal with, and I am not big on that pine smell.

3. When do you put up the tree?
We have started decorating the inside of our house the weekend before Thanksgiving, and then doing the outside of our house the weekend after Thanksgiving. I have a wonderful hubby that does such a good job helping out with all that stuff!!

4. Do you like eggnog?
Negative

5. Favorite gift received as a child?
My first CD player

6. Do you have a nativity scene?
We have many around our house - we even have a Santa kneeling by Baby Jesus our in our front yard. It is so sweet!

7. Hardest person to buy for?
Just recently our family has started making wish lists, this makes it SOOO much easier!!

8. Easiest person to buy for?
Addison or Shawn

9. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail

10. Favorite Christmas movie?
I love Christmas Vacation, The Nativity Story, but have watched Rudolph DAILY for about a month now!

11. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I TRY to start early Thanksgiving

12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Sausage Balls - YUMMO

13. Clear lights or colored lights on the tree?
I am a clear kinda gal - when Shawn and I first got married this was an issue hahaha, he loves colored lights

14. Favorite Christmas song?
"O Holy Night" - and "He is Joy" by Kevin Paige

15. Travel or stay home at Christmas?
We stay in town, but go to several places starting TONIGHT!!

16. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
No, because the ONLY one that matters around this house is Rudolph!!

17. Angel on tree top or star?
We have star

18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Morning?
Both.

19. The most annoying thing about this time of year?
Traffic!!!

20. What I love most about Christmas?
I love being with my family and just thinking back to all the blessings we have been given over the past year. I love thinking back to the night when Christ was born, and how Mary and Joseph must have felt knowing that they were parents of the Son of God! I love, love, L O V E the music of the season as well - I am always bummed when I have to pack up my Cd's for another year.

No comments:

Post a Comment