Tuesday, March 1, 2011

So Hard To Say Goodbye...

Today was my last day of my Memphis City School placement. It was a bittersweet day for me as I am super excited to move onto my 3rd graders tomorrow, but I will miss Mrs. Stephen's 1st graders terribly!!

All day long I was showered with pictures and cards that the children drew for me, I brought home at least 40 pictures/drawings from these precious babies. As I looked through each and everyone one of these pictures tonight, it became more and more evident that I am most definitely on the correct path. I want nothing more than to help these children succeed, I want to give them the education that I expect someone to give to my girls.







How fabulous is this bin of teacher goodies? All of the wonderful ladies in the first grade hall gave me this today! Such a sweet group of women and I appreciate their kindness more than words can express. My cooperating teacher also gave me a gift certificate to our local teacher supply store as well as some cute boy/girl hall passes.
I am sad to close the door on my journey in first grade but I am eager to see what people and children The Lord has planned for me to meet at this next placement.

No comments:

Post a Comment