Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Merry New Year (LOTS OF PICS)...

Once again I have found myself in the blog slump!! It is January 25th and I have not even done a Christmas post! One of my goals for 2012 is TRY to blog more! I know that one day the girls would love to look back and read these posts. I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

We had a fabulous Christmas at our house! Addison had decided months before Christmas that she wanted a puppy and not just ANY puppy she was very specific with her requests. She wanted a dachshund puppy!


I have to give a HUGE thank you to Caroline over at Simply Smithwick, she helped "Santa" by telling him which breeder he should call and has been a wonderful resource for us newbies!! Thank you Caroline for letting me text you daily with all my doxie questions!! I appreciate it more than you know!!

This is the puppy Santa picked for Addison. We were so fortunate because even though he was born on August 3rd the breeder held him until Santa could come pick him up on Dec. 23rd!

Making the ride with "Santa" home to a very special little girl!!
Many of you know that Addison just adores Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer with all her heart so she chose the name Rudy for her puppy. I thought that was very appropriate for a Christmas puppy!!

Rudy sporting his fashionable coat. He does seem to enjoy clothes too much just yet.

He is already spoiled rotten and that is perfectly fine with me. I know that he was Addison's gift but I am totally smitten with him too!! He laying his head on my pillow as he naps, yep already spoiled!

Addison's first week back at school she checked out a dachshund book from her school library. She is totally all things dachshund now, she even wants a dachshund themed birthday party!

Addison has two stuffed weenie dogs from Build A Bear, so one Sunday after church we decided to see if Rudy would mind wearing the Build A Bear costume. He looked awful cute but would not move an inch with that hot dog on his back!

January 16th - first visit to vet

He is very much a snuggle bug and we all love it. He wants to get all under the covers just like we do!!
Santa brought the perfect gift for this girl! He is absolutely her new best friend.

2 comments:

  1. Awww. Thanks for the shout out! You know I love anything and everything doxie! Every time I see R, I think it's Knox. They are definitely related.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is soooo sweet! I can't wait to see what you have in store for her dachshund party! Maybe hotdogs, and adopting a stuffed dachshund? :-) you are a great mom!

    ReplyDelete